Friday, August 26, 2011

All-Nighters

When I am not driving my candy apple red ferrari down the road, you can sometimes find me tucked away in a hidey hole in the wee hours of the morning.

Copper thieves are busting into AC units to remove the copper tubing. At $5,000 a pop, they are hurting a lot of businesses. Recently, I was called out to help my friend try and catch some of these felons. It is not very exciting watching AC units for hours at a time, but you do what you gotta do to protect people's property. I will be out again, tonight and probably all weekend trying to bust these guys.

Sometimes the hardest part of the job is staying awake. But, I confess, I enjoy this kind of thing because I feel like a lion watching the waterhole for the gazelles to show up. This job requires a predatory patience as you sit all night waiting for the perps to come so you can take them down.

If you own a small business, I would suggest you put some sort of fence or protective barrier around your AC units. No one can afford to be burned like that in this economy.

No comments:

Post a Comment